By Wanda S. Pillow
Wanda Pillow offers a severe research of federal legislations and polciy in the direction of pregnant kids, representations of stripling being pregnant in pop culture and academic coverage assesses how faculties offer academic possibilities for college elderly moms. via in- intensity research of particular guidelines and programmes, either previous and current, thsi ebook lines America's successes and screw ups in teaching pregnant adolescents. undeserving topics makes use of feminist, race and poststructural theories to notify a passable academic coverage.
Read Online or Download Unfit Subjects: Educational Policy and the Teen Mother PDF
Similar educational philosophy books
All societies comprise ethnic divisions. typically, schooling has acted to advertise social integration, yet with the acknowledgement of range will we understand which procedure most sensible promotes optimistic inter-community family members? schooling in Divided Societies examines the adventure of various structures, together with these which supply universal colleges and people which position minorities in separate faculties.
Deans of fellows in American schools and universities have been created within the overdue 19th and early 20th centuries to aid deal with a transforming into scholar inhabitants. The early deans usually had a character that allowed them to have interaction simply with scholars. over the years, many deans observed their places of work raise in dimension and accountability.
This e-book bargains with the improvement of non-public secondary education in the course of the moment international warfare in Belgium. It specializes in how the German occupier used schooling to achieve attractiveness of the regime, and discusses the attitudes of Belgian schooling professionals, faculties, academics and students in the direction of the German career.
- States, Markets and Education: The Rise and Limits of the Education State
- Schooling in Disadvantaged Communities: Playing the Game from the Back of the Field
- Jocks and burnouts: social categories and identity in the high school
- Coming of Age in Times of Crisis: Youth, Schooling, and Patriarchy in a Venezuelan Town
- Universities in the Marketplace: The Commercialization of Higher Education
- New Managerialism in Education: Commercialization, Carelessness and Gender
Extra resources for Unfit Subjects: Educational Policy and the Teen Mother
25. 26. 27. 28. 29. Marshall, ed. Feminist Critical Policy Analysis I. For explorations into recent critical social educational policy methodologies, see Ball, Politics and Policy Making in Education; Grifﬁth, “Educational Policy as Text and Action,” 415–428; Hargreaves, “Transforming Knowledge,” 105–122; Scheurich, “Policy Archaeology,” 297–316. Abramovitz, Regulating the Lives of Women; Gordon, ed. Women, the State, and Welfare; Kunzel, Fallen Women, Problem Girls; Mink, The Wages of Motherhood; Lawson and Rhode, eds.
Holding to the adage of “busy hands, pure heart,” women in the homes were expected to follow strict daily schedules and were assigned chores necessary to the running of a smooth household. Not only did such activities retrain the inmates mind, body, and soul but also provided the unwed mother with the experience she would need to be employable. C. C. Home, is a victim of her circumstances, a woman to be pitied, not reviled, a woman to be helped and retrained, not turned away. C. found capable and worthy of rescue and reformation.
For explorations into recent critical social educational policy methodologies, see Ball, Politics and Policy Making in Education; Grifﬁth, “Educational Policy as Text and Action,” 415–428; Hargreaves, “Transforming Knowledge,” 105–122; Scheurich, “Policy Archaeology,” 297–316. Abramovitz, Regulating the Lives of Women; Gordon, ed. Women, the State, and Welfare; Kunzel, Fallen Women, Problem Girls; Mink, The Wages of Motherhood; Lawson and Rhode, eds. The politics of pregnancy; Nathanson, Dangerous Passage; Solinger, Wake up little Susie.