By R. E. Clements
First-class, and imminent close to high quality. See scans and outline. Philadelphia: Westminster Press, 1976. 100 Years of previous testomony Interpretation, by way of Ronald E. Clements. eightvo, revealed perfect-bound wraps, one hundred sixty pp. (viii + 152). Very robust excellent, forthcoming close to wonderful. a few dust spots at backside web page edges, previous owner's ball pen signature at inside of entrance disguise, differently immaculate. See scans. Laid in is a revenues receipt for this and different goods, procured from Theologue Books in Louisville, Kentucky, in 1987. The shopper was once the past due John Watts, a theologian himself till his rather fresh passing. See all scans. 8 chapters of interpretation via different types proven within the contents web page experiment, plus an Index of Authors pointed out. Ships in a brand new, good, protecting field - now not a bag. LT26
Read Online or Download One hundred years of Old Testament interpretation PDF
Best religion & spirituality books
This publication presents a sustained, severe and theological engagement with arguably the main an important element of up to date society - its range. the writer reveals within the social conception of Isaiah Berlin a couple of fruitful how you can reframe the controversy over those questions, and to give a contribution to a extra confident dialog concerning our primary adjustments.
A piece that's exact adequate for scientists and easy adequate for fanatics of 'ghost tales. ' On a thread of thought and dialogue Dr. Mason hyperlinks many startling examples from his personal specialist adventure and from the lawsuits of the Society for Psychical study. "Certain to draw large recognition.
Agni is the Lord of fireplace. Agni Yoga is the yoga of synthesis. the fundamental premise of Agni Yoga is that this: There are not any exterior situations which could defeat the human spirit. This publication is concentrated in the direction of those that have a few familiarity with the Trans-Himalayan teachings. however the key lies of their sensible program.
"What is politization? . . . (It is that) all difficulties have, in our time, develop into political" -J. Ellul, from the advent Jacques Ellul, the writer of The Technological Society and Propaganda, the following examines sleek man's ardour for politics, the jobs he performs in them, and his position within the sleek country.
- Life in the Son , A Study in the Doctrine of Perseverance
- Supreme Initiation
- Language, Logic, and Reason in the Church Fathers. A Study of Tertullian, Augustine, and Aquinas (Altertumswissenschaftliche Texte und Studien VI)
- Thor the Wind-raiser and the Eyrarland Image (Viking Society for Northern Research Text)
Extra resources for One hundred years of Old Testament interpretation
27. H. S. Nyberg, Studien zum Hoseabuche, Uppsala, 1935. 28. A convenient summary of Engnell’s understanding of the structure of the prophetic books for the English reader is to be found in Critical Essays on the Old Testament, London, 1970, pp. 123-179. 29. H. Birkeland, Zum Hebriiischen Traditionswesen. Die Komposition der yrophetischen B&her des Alten Testaments, Oslo, 1938. 30. G. Widengren, Literary and Psychological Aspects of the Hebrew Prophets, Uppsala, 1948. 31. P. Humbert, Probldmes du Zivre d’Habacuc, Neuchltel, 1944.
J In his commentary on Isaiah, however, Duhm returned to reconsider this feature and clearly recognized that the unusual psychological aspects of the prophets were neither as subordinate, nor as ephemeral, as he had at first argued. On this point his work marked a further step in the recognition of the importance of this psychological aspect for an understanding of the prophets. From this beginning it quickly became a central point of interest in the study of the prophetic books through the writings of other scholars, notably Gunkel and Holscher.
35. G. von Rad, Theologie des Alten Testaments, Bd. II. Die Theologie der prophetischen uberlieferungen Israels, Munich, 1960. English translation by D. M. G. Stalker as Old Testament Theology,Vol. 2, Edinburgh and London, 1965. 36. H. W. Z 81 (1956), ~01s. B. 22, Neukirchen, 1964, pp. 232-250). 37. H. W. Wolff, Hosea (BKAT XIV), second edition, Neukirchen, 1965. 38. H. W. Wolff, Amos geistige Heimat (WMANT 18), Neukirchen, 1964. English translation by F. R. McCurley, Amos the Prophet. The Man and His Background, Philadelphia, 1973.