By Siegfried Kasper, Robert Hirschfeld
Knowledgeable precis of our present figuring out of bipolar ailment, this reference examines present theories, therapy regimens, and clinically correct purposes by means of international gurus in psychiatric examine. Divided into 4 major sections, this advisor delves into the analysis and epidemiology of bipolar illness and progresses to discussions of sufferer care, rising administration methods, and the underlying biology of the ailment.
Read Online or Download Handbook of Bipolar Disorder: Diagnosis and Therapeutic Approaches (Medical Psychiatry) PDF
Similar mental health books
Writing a prize-winning play, spending per week doing not anything yet construct Lego structures, and sinking all his discounts into wildly impractical money-making schemes - those are only a few result of the sessions of severe artistic power Brian Adams has skilled all through his grownup lifestyles. As a patient of bipolar disease, Brian Adams has been hospitalized a number of instances with debilitating melancholy and passed through electrical surprise remedy, and received and misplaced eleven jobs.
The various earliest books, relatively these relationship again to the 1900s and ahead of, are actually tremendous scarce and more and more pricey. we're republishing those vintage works in reasonable, prime quality, smooth variants, utilizing the unique textual content and art.
Dealing with Panic: Self-Help for individuals with Panic assaults teaches seven steps to damage the cycle of panic and regain keep watch over of your existence. Written via popular nervousness issues professional Reid Wilson, PhD, this publication additionally contains suggestions and workouts to regulate and conquer panic assaults and panic sickness.
- Psychosis and Schizophrenia: Thinking It Through
- The Complete Anxiety Treatment and Homework Planner (Practice Planners)
- Depression: The Depression Cure: Cure Depression Instantly and Become Happy & More Confident Starting Today!
- Living with Bipolar Disorder: A Guide for Individuals and Families
- Healing the Wounded Heart
- Exercise For The Brain: 70 Neurobic Exercises To Increase Mental Fitness & Prevent Memory Loss: How Non Routine Actions And Thoughts Improve Mental Health
Extra resources for Handbook of Bipolar Disorder: Diagnosis and Therapeutic Approaches (Medical Psychiatry)
59. Coryell W, Winokur G, Shea T, Maser JD, Endicott J, Akiskal HS. The long-term stability of depressive subtypes. Am J Psychiatry 1994; 151:199–204. 60. Coryell W, Keller M, Endicot J, Andreasen N, Clayton P, Hirschfeld R. Bipolar II illness: course and outcome over a ﬁve-year period. Psychol Med 1989; 19:129–141. 61. Angst J. The course of major depression, atypical bipolar disorder, and bipolar disorder. In: Hippius H, Klerman GL, Matussek N, eds. New Results in Depression Research. Berlin: Springer, 1986:26–35.
SOCIAL VARIABLES Marital Status The relationship between marital status and mood disorders is very complex. Being single or divorced/separated, for example, can be either a risk factor for mood disorder or the consequence of the negative life events generated by depressive and/or manic states. Major mood disorder patients are over-represented among divorced, and the rate of family breakdown (separation, divorce, chaotic family life) is elevated substantially in major depressive and markedly in bipolar I and bipolar II patients (14,16,35,42,68).
Pinel Ph. Nosographie philosophique ou la methode de l’analyse applique´e a` lame´decine. 6th ed. Paris: Brosson, 1818. 16. Berrios GE. Depressive and manic states during the nineteenth century. In: Georgotas A, Cancro R, eds. Depression and Mania. New York: Elsevier, 1988:13–25. 17. Esquirol E. Des Maladies Mentales. Paris: Raillire, 1838. 18. Tellenbach H. Melancholie. Berlin: Springer, 1961. 19. Falret JP. De la folie circulaire ou forme de maladie mentale caracterise´e par l’alternative reguliere` de la manie et de la melancholie.