By Chester Gillis
An try and problem John Hick's thought of salvation which examines the biblical language of fantasy and metaphor. Hick continues that the Christian interpretation of salvation within which Christ is known because the particular and ultimate revelation of God is inaccurate.
Read or Download A Question of Final Belief: John Hick’s Pluralistic Theory of Salvation PDF
Similar religion & spirituality books
This ebook offers a sustained, severe and theological engagement with arguably the main an important element of up to date society - its range. the writer reveals within the social conception of Isaiah Berlin a couple of fruitful how you can reframe the controversy over those questions, and to give a contribution to a extra optimistic dialog concerning our basic modifications.
A piece that's exact sufficient for scientists and easy adequate for fans of 'ghost tales. ' On a thread of conception and dialogue Dr. Mason hyperlinks many startling examples from his personal expert event and from the lawsuits of the Society for Psychical learn. "Certain to draw broad recognition.
Agni is the Lord of fireplace. Agni Yoga is the yoga of synthesis. the elemental premise of Agni Yoga is that this: There are not any exterior conditions that may defeat the human spirit. This ebook is concentrated in the direction of those that have a few familiarity with the Trans-Himalayan teachings. however the key lies of their useful program.
"What is politization? . . . (It is that) all difficulties have, in our time, turn into political" -J. Ellul, from the advent Jacques Ellul, the writer of The Technological Society and Propaganda, right here examines glossy man's ardour for politics, the jobs he performs in them, and his position within the glossy kingdom.
- Anticipating the Advent: A Brief History of Seventh-Day Adventists
- Covenant Causality in Medieval Thought: Studies in Philosophy, Theology, and Economic Practice
- Semitic Magic: Its Origins and Development
- The New Man for Our Time
- Questions à un maître zen
- Rigbai Kujyug: Six Vajra Verses
Additional info for A Question of Final Belief: John Hick’s Pluralistic Theory of Salvation
P. 197. Hick, 'On Conflicting Religious Truth Claims', 489. Hick, God Has Many Names, p. 21. Here secular ideologies do have a place (see pp. 21-2). Hick, God Has Many Names, p. 22. , pp. 116-36. , p. 117. , p. 122. , p. 124. , p. 41. 2 Epistemology I INTRODUCTION The epistemological foundation for John Hick's theology is critical to our inquiry into his thinking. This chapter attempts to provide a clear exposition of that epistemology. Hick does have if not unique then distinctive arguments for epistemological positions in regard to the validity of religious belief.
This made the issue of religious pluralism a personal as well as a theological one. ' 82 Hick became involved with the community of Birmingham beyond the Religious Pluralism 29 walls of the university. He engaged in community relations work which brought him into contact with a variety of people who were not native to England. The subsequent relationships and friendships that developed allowed him entry into a religiously diverse world. This contact was not without effect on his theological thinking.
3. John H. , The Making of the Modern Mind (New York: Columbia University Press, 1976) p. 205. Dawe, in Christ's Lordship and Religious Pluralism, p. 3. Burland Sizemore, 'Christian Faith in a Pluralistic World', Journal of Ecumenical Studies, 13, (1976) 413. See also Luke 10:16, John 3:5, Eph. 1:22-23, Eph. 4:4, and 1 Cor. 12:27. For a thorough overview of these positions see Alan Race, Christians and Religious Pluralism (Maryknoll: Orbis, 1982) pp. 10-37. Quoted in Race, Christians and Religious Pluralism, p.